Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bunny run....

I just know I will be early for my own funeral.  The arrangement was the Bunny Lady was gonna call me when she got to Oklahoma City.  That way, we are both approximately 2.5 hours away from the meeting spot.  In my attempt to not run into the non-existent traffic through Ft Worth, armed with a full tank of gas and a triple Red Bull, I left Waco at 3:00pm knowing I would have cool my heels for a little while.  SO, get to the Super WalMart in Denton at 5:30pm not knowing exactly where the Bunny Lady was currently on her trek. 

Realize, that even I can't goof off in WalMart for hours on end.  Especially when I don't have any "extra" spending money.  Denny's was down the road, and it was my BD... Can we say free dinner?  The waitress was so nice.  When I was being seated, I warned her that I was gonna be there a while, so she gave me one of her tables.  Called the Bunny Lady.  She and her daughter, who were coming from Colorado to visit friends, were still a hour north of Oklahoma City.  Uhm... gonna be a long evening.  Sat the next 2 hours knitting on Bill's hunting vest, the ongoing project from hell.  Coffee cup was refilled numerous times, and yes, ate my free Grand Slam.  Finally after several trips to ladies' room, started to get antsy.  Decided to go check out the Clearance racks at WallyWorld.  Paid my bill with a generous tip, and off to WalMart. 

First, the WalMart in Denton is WAY cooler and better stuff than Waco's WalMarts.  Tons of stuff marked way down.  I EXERCISED GREAT CONTROL, and did not spend a dime.  Still had at least an hour.  Wait, I have an iPhone with Netflix.  Saved by the mini-screen movie.   Moved truck to near empty part of extensive parking lot and stationed myself across from where the semi's parked.  9:15pm, mysterious car pulls up beside me.  Excited guy  gets out.  Ah, the other guy who is also picking up bunnies from the Bunny Lady.  We exchange pleasantries and the Bunny Lady arrives. 

So, the three of us are parked in a near empty parking lot late at night.  Obviously doing some kind of money exchange.  Kept looking over my shoulder waiting for Denton's finest to pull up.  Finally got my two bunny girls loaded up and the spare cage I bought, and headed home.  11:45ish, pulled into drive way very glad to be home.  Got girls settled.  Took Delsum and crashed.

Meet Puff and Truffles...... 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Keeping fingers crossed the Sex Change Fairy doesn't make an appearance. :)